Thursday, June 30, 2011

Q & A: What Helped Your New Business The Most?


From time to time, readers send in questions or ask for help. In the coming weeks, I'll try to answer a few of them here. 
 
- What do you see as the best thing you did your first year or so in business?

I have always been a self-promoter; I printed up business cards and handed them out like candy. Everyone I met knew that I was a photographer and was interested in working with them for their wedding or portrait needs. I only wish the internet had been around back then, because I'd have jumped into it with both feet.

I also realized that other photographers were not my competition, but my best allies. They became a source of referrals, made me look more professional by having someone to refer to when I was booked and ultimately, became a huge source of support.

- David Grupa 


Do you have a question you like a member of the Camp David team to answer? Send your questions to info@CampDavidPhoto.com !

No comments:

Post a Comment