Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Honoring 9/11


Eleven years ago today, just about 9:00 am, I was getting ready to take my youngest to school when I got a phone call.

"Turn on the TV."

The next 20 minutes were like nothing I'd ever witnessed as I watched, holding my 10 year old son and not wanting to take him to school. I wondered what my 12 year son - already at school - was thinking, or if he even knew.

Even though we still enjoy the freedoms that some people only dream about, eleven years ago today our lives were permanently changed.

Please take a minute today and pause to honor those who lost their lives, those who fought to rescue them, and those who continue to be on guard so that our country will always continue to be "The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave."

- David Grupa

No comments:

Post a Comment