Monday, March 7, 2011

Get Involved in Your PPA Affiliate Groups; You Won't Be Sorry!

If you're a regular reader, you're already aware of my belief in what professional associations do for your business. My active membership and continued participation in these groups has also enhanced my personal life as well, creating some amazing relationships and friendships.

Every year, the Professional Photographers of America (PPA) takes time to honor those who volunteer their services and efforts in the name of bettering the organization. In 1958, PPA created the National Award to recognize and thank these individuals whose support for photography goes far beyond normal expectations or contributions.

Last week during the 2011 Northern Light Convention awards, I was honored with the PPA National Award from the Northern Light Association. (That's PPA President don Dickson and Northern Light President Mike Aulie presenting the award to me.) It is a very humbling experience to be publicly presented with such an award simply for doing what you love. To stand with those who have received the award before me - people who I respect for what they do and have meant to me - is an unforgettable experience.

I truly encourage each of you to dig a bit deeper and get involved in your own PPA Affiliate group. If you're not a member, join today! (CLICK HERE for a list of PPA Affiliate Groups in your area.)

If you are already a member, I'm going to share 4 simple words that will open doors and get you a bit more involved without making any huge commitments. Arrive a bit early to help set up, stay a few minutes afterwards to help clean up or any little job along the way and I can almost guarantee you'll be hooked.

It worked for me.

- David Grupa

No comments:

Post a Comment